Sunday, November 15, 2009

Getting Ready For Baby

It was a busy weekend dedicated to Baby TJ. Grandma Reno & Aunt Angie came up Friday night, so we could all go to a shower the 7News Gals were throwing for me and and fellow pregnant co-worker, Kim. She's having twins... one of the 8+ sets at the station! And... when we measured our bellies... they were almost exactly the same size!


When you get 30 women together in one house, it's going to get loud... add to the fact that we are all newswomen, and it's even louder! :) It was a great time with a lot of good friends... good food... and lots of presents! We're so blessed to have such wonderful, generous people in our lives, and now I'm convinced TJ's wardrobe is bigger than mine, which says a lot! I've always known I love my job and the people I work with, and yesterday was a testament to that! Thanks to Anne, Theresa, Robin, Dayle, and Christine for a great shower! The whole day was a great time, and I was so ready for my three-hour nap that I took. Grandma Reno & Aunt Angie were going to stay Saturday night, but the snow started falling pretty good, so they cut their trip short.
Sunday, Frankie & I were up early to go to an express birthing class. I'm sure I was white as a sheet when I walked out of there. I seriously think they need to show those videos to women BEFORE they get pregnant! As scary as some of those things were, it was really good for us. We learned a lot of massage and breathing techniques that I'm sure I'll completely forget once my first major contraction kicks in! We also got a tour of the labor and delivery unit and got a sense of what everything will be like there, so all in all it was a good day.

Sunday evening, we finished putting the trim up in TJ's room, bought a mattress for the crib, washed the bedding and started washing the towels, blankets and wash cloths from the shower.
Now, I'm exhausted... ready for a good night's sleep (hopefully), and another work week.

Coming up this week: Our 30 week appointment on Wednesday, Frankie's mom and Aunt Janet fly in on Thursday, and another shower in Canon City on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment